Data Analyst Engineer
We are looking for a Data Analysis Engineer who will provide insight into credit and debt portfolios in order to achieve data-driven portfolio management.
The role will report to the Client Ops & Reporting Head and will be responsible for delivering descriptive analytics products, including:
- Periodic reports on credit portfolio performance, for operational, management and regulatory purposes,
- Exploratory analyses leading to the development of treatment strategies, campaigns and debt restructuring products.
Data Analysis Engineer will act as a champion for data integrity, consistency and reusability within all areas of analytics, by adopting a product-oriented approach to the creation of analytics deliverables. On a day-to-day basis, Data Analysis Engineer will be asked to:
- Understand the requirements posed by clients and portfolio analysts;
- Translate these into technical specifications for data transformation, extraction and presentation;
- Configure and extend the unified portfolio data model maintained by the company’s systems in relational and multidimensional databases, to implement the specifications in a reusable way; and
- Use standard visualisation and reporting front end tools to present the results of analyses and develop reusable reports.
To be considered, you should have:
- Strong SQL skills and a solid knowledge of database structure and operation;
- Extensive experience with at least one data presentation tool (e.g. Excel, Power BI, Tableau, QlikView);
- Exceptional attention to detail, and be comfortable working as part of an extended team on an agile delivery plan;
- English fluency and strong communication skills, both verbal and written;
- A degree in information technology, data analytics, or other relevant field.
Other desirable attributes include:
- Work experience in credit or debt portfolio data management, analytics or reporting;
- Experience in working with multidimensional databases (e.g. MS Analysis Services); and
- Familiarity with statistical tools and predictive modelling concepts.
On top of challenging work and a competitive salary, we are offering:
- Private health insurance plan
- Mobile telephony and data plan
- Free coffee and beverages
- Educational expenses for courses, certifications or books
Your race, gender identity and expression, age ethnicity or disability make no difference in Qualco. We want to attract, develop, promote, and retain the best people based only on their ability and behaviour.